More than 15 million school-age children are on their own after school. Nearly one million of those children are in K-5. (Afterschool Alliance, 2009)
We want to change this.
We work with Fountain Inn Elementary to provide deserving students with free, quality after-school care.
WHEN: Monday through Friday, 2:30-5:30 pm, beginning September 8, 2015
WHERE: Capstone Church, 601 Fairview Street, Fountain Inn, SC 29644
We have 4 classes at FIKE — Kindergarten through second grade boys with Mr. Jacob; Kindergarten through second grade girls with Ms. Carla; 3-5 grade boys with Mr. Brandon; and 3-5 grade girls with Ms. Blakely.
Our students spend time each day playing games, learning about our core values (WORK HARD, RESPECT AUTHORITY, LOVE EVERYONE, FORGIVE QUICKLY) and also talking about our Word of the Week, doing homework, reading, and eating healthy snacks and dinner. We always welcome volunteers to assist with homework, reading, and just spending time with the children! Mentors are also welcome to stop in at any time to visit with their FIKE Friend.
AFTER SCHOOL NEEDS:
- You can volunteer to share a special skill one Friday with our after-school students.
- You can be an After School Buddy and assist with homework and reading!
- The girls work and read from 3-4 pm, and the boys work and read from 4-5 pm. We would love to pair you to work one-on-one with one of our struggling students.
- You can help us prepare dinner for our students Monday through Thursday!
- We start getting dinner ready around 4:30. Dinner is already cooked; we just need it plated and ready to serve by 5 pm!
- You can transport the food to FIKE!
- We are so thankful that Project Host prepares our healthy, delicious meals Monday through Thursday, and we would love more help in picking the food up and bringing it to FIKE. It has to be picked up from Project Host in Greenville and brought to FIKE between 1-3 pm.
- You can assist with our service projects!
- We have our students do a service project every month (usually the last Friday of the month), and love to have help planning and organizing these projects.
If you have any questions about our after-school program, please contact our After-School Director, Charlie, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email VOLUNTEER@FIKECENTER.COM to find out more about volunteering or scheduling!
We have computers available in the lobby of Capstone/FIKE to sign in each time you visit.